Skip to main content

Rambling thoughts of a sick person

I get sick... A LOT. I use to just power through it at work and be okay... now I opt to stay home... I think that says something about my job satisfaction, but there you go. Anyway, when I am sick I have a lot of random thoughts to share so here they are:

Running: I signed up to do another 5k. This is a scary thing for me because I'm a sprinter. Run .25 miles in 1:25.. no problem, run 3.2 miles in general? Scary. Did I mention I have environmental asthma? SO if we run by a car I will lose like 75% of my lung capacity? blah. Anyway I was going to run every day this week so I could do the 3.2 miles, but I got sick. Awesome. But the nice thing is I'll have a friend running with me! And we get metals. That should keep me running :) 

My Job: When the only thing that keeps me wanting to stay at my job is a plastic rectangle that gets me into Disneyland for free I think it's time I start thinking about a new job eh? I mean it's nice and fun, but at the end of the day I dis-like a lot of the people I work with... that takes a toll on my spirit and in turn my satisfaction on the job. That could be why I don't tough through the sick anymore...

That being said I'm very excited for my next 2 trips to Disneyland. the 17th with Chad and his sister and her husband and the 26th with Chad, Brittany and Brad. 

Groupon: Well if you don't know what that is then you need to do yourself a favor and sign up.... or don't actually. I'm a groupon fiend. I have SO many sitting in my email waiting to be used. I had to email Chad all of what we have so that we use them, here's the list:


$20 to  Nothing Bundt Cakes- expires 28 Apr 11 (I'm thinking this can be used post 5k)
Bikram Yoga- 10 classes expires 17 Aug 11 (We're gonna start using once I'm not sick)
2 tickets to a Flamenco Show and 4 course dinner on a Thursday expires 28 aug 11 (needs to be used before classes at MPCC end)
$60 of jewelry from here (I just wanted more grown up jewelry)
Ventura Comedy Club- we have either 8 tickets for a Wed, Thurs or Sunday show or 2 tickets for a Fri/Sat show- expires 13 Dec 11
2  tickets to a movie that offers Fandago buy online ticketing. Can’t find expiration date :(

and maybe one or two more... I have a problem...

Podcast: I listened to this podcast the other day and I LOVED it. It starts out talking about what it's like to work at The Onion, which to me seems like the coolest job I can never hope to obtain. Then a girl reading tarot cards on a train... just a cool story in general. THEN they talk to some missionaries from my church that are serving in NYC... it was nice hearing them painted in a favorable light on a pretty liberal show. And the final story was about people who cry on airplanes. It made me laugh and then realize that I do cry on airplanes over silly things more than I do on land. I just feel sad on airplanes because I'm always leaving something when I get on them. It's like something or a chapter of my life just ended as I step aboard. That's emotional. So when a movie as silly as Sweet Home Alabama makes some random guy cry I realize it's just the emotions of everything spilling out when they're in that seat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rules of Dieting

Hi my name is Michelle and I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and dieting and the small amount of fat that resides on my mid section. There is something empowering and depressing about this all at once. It's empowering because I recognize it and I can sometimes remember it and control my brain, but it's depressing because I'm sure it's something that will only be fixed by therapy and time and I don't want to put in the work. Also, as a MO it's really one of the few vices I get... and really there are worse vices. As some of you know I was in the running to be on a infomercial. With it came food delivered to my door (no eating out of the box!) and 6 day a week, butt kicking bootcamp classes. The food was pretty yummy (although left me very hungry) and I really enjoyed the bootcamp after the first week of being so sore I could barely move. But then things started going wrong. First, it was HARD to stay on track when people around me were e

big changes and realizations

So Chad got into Columbia... and only Columbia so come end of August we will both be living in New York (hopefully the city and not a suburb...) I'm excited/nervous/scared/happy/proud/stressed/in awe/ every other emotion you could possibly feel. But today it all finally felt so real. I don't know why it was today... I don't know why it didn't happen when trying on dresses or tasting cake or any of the wedding planning. What made it real was talking to Chad's sister and saying "we". WE are moving to New York, WE are apartment hunting, WE aren't going to be around for Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving etc. WE are going to be in a huge city with a million people, but it's going to be just us 2 as we start building OUR life together. WOW. I'm excited.

I got friends who... (la la la) help me pull through....

I believe everything happens for a reason. I also believe that people are brought into your life for a reason- to help you grow in one way or another. Whenever I reflect on my life what I remember most about times in my life are the people I met and bonded with... I've been blessed with a happy disposition and the ability to make friends pretty easy and because of that I have an awesome bouquet of friends who live ALL over the country (and world...) now and they all have taught me something.... It's like each period of my life (usually broken down into where I live) has that friend that has impacted my life so much... California (round 1) - Danica... we were the coolest set of best friends Atherwood has ever seen! New Jersey - Michele and Nina... my life in New Jersey didn't seem like it was in order and happy until these 2 girls were my besties! It's when I finally came to love New Jersey Utah freshman yr - Bethie... randomly became roomies... we both thought the